Volume III is meant to be bigger, louder, and more diverse than Volumes I and II, because the attacks against basic democratic processes are bigger and louder and laser focused on minority rule.
- Stories can be in any crime sub-genre. If a crime is central to the plot, it's suitable for this anthology.
- Your story must match the anthology theme: the color of my vote:
- Maybe your vote is pink where only blue votes matter.
- Maybe your vote is pro-democracy in a power structure bent on maintaining minority rule.
- Maybe your vote isn't green (delivered with a $2 million dollar dark money donation...)
- You are free to interpret the theme as literally or metaphorically as you wish.
- Story length must be between 2,500 to10,000 words.
- Any time period or location is acceptable for this anthology.
- In Volume I, many authors experimented with form and voice. Please feel free to experiment!
- Narrative non-fiction will also be considered.
- DEADLINE: October 31, 2021.
Pay is $200 per story, payable on acceptance, plus three author copies. We wish it could be more.
Is your story ready? Email lowdowndirtyvote AT gmail DOT com and attach your Word or Markdown document before Nov 1, 2021!
You'll receive an acknowledgement within seven days of submission.